|Italian vegetable skillet||| Print ||
Italian Vegetable Skillet
1 cup chopped onions
1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut in 1 inch pieces
1/2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut in 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 teaspoons dried basil
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. In a large non-stick skillet, saute onion, green pepper and garlic in
hot oil for 3 minutes or until onion is transparent.
2. Add zucchini and eggplant.
3. Saute for 3 minutes.
4. Lower heat and add vegetable broth, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly tender, adding more
broth if necessary.
6. Pour tomato sauce over vegetables.
7. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.
8. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve