|Roasted Tomato and Pasta Soup||| Print ||
|Written by Larry Aiello|
1 lb ripe Italian plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 large red pepper, quartered lengthwise and seeded
1 large red onion, quartered lengthwise
3 cloves garlic, unpeeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 1/2 cups vegetable stock
4-5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 pinch sugar
1 cup tubetti
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Spread vegetables in a roasting pan and drizzle with oil.
3. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetable are soft and lightly
charred, strring and turning them after 15 minutes.
4. Process the vegetables with 1 cup of stock until pureed.
5. Pour into a sieve placed over a large saucepan and press the puree
through into the pan.
6. Add stock, sage, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
7. Add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente.
8. Ladle into serving bowls and drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar.