|4 layer, red, white and green lasagna||| Print ||
|Written by Maggie Giamalvo|
|Monday, 18 October 2010 01:00|
Disclaimer: If you're on a diet of any kind, DO NOT try this. You WILL regret it.
4 Layer Red, White and Green Lasagna
1 large onion
2 Tablespoons (or to taste) minced garlic
1 – 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 pound ground beef
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
30 – 32 ounces ricotta cheese
½ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mozzarella cheese (divided)
2 jars (26 ounces each) Bertolli Olive Oil & Garlic with fresh tomatoes pasta sauce
1 Box (9 ounces) Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
1 jar (16 ounces) Bertolli Creamy Alfredo pasta sauce
1. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pot for a couple minutes. Before the onions are completely translucent, add the Italian sausage and ground beef. Brown thoroughly and crumble. Drain well and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and ½ of the Mozzarella cheese.
4. Spray baking pan (13” x 9” x 3” deep) with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Spread 1 cup of red sauce on the bottom of the baking pan.
6. Layer, in order, 4 uncooked noodles (side-by-side), 1/3 of ricotta mixture, half of browned meat, 1 cup Mozzarella and 1¾ cups red sauce.
7. Layer, in order, 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture and 2¼ cups red sauce.
8. Layer, in order, 4 uncooked noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture, the remaining browned meat and the remaining red sauce.
9. Layer, in order, 4 uncooked noodles, the whole jar of Alfredo sauce and the remaining Mozzarella cheese.
10. Cover with foil and bake until bubbly, 50 – 60 minutes.
11. Uncover and continue cooking until Mozzarella cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
12. Let stand 10 – 15 minutes before cutting. Makes 12 or more servings.